Some of the stuff from the internet that I liked during the last few weeks
Since I now moved back to iOS full-time recently, I have spent quite some time figuring out which workflows and setups work out best for me. For writing so far I stick with what I know best, iA Writer and Drafts, but I can see myself already switching over to Drafts.
Since I really used it the last time, Drafts has gotten so many new features that I am still trying to catch up. Needless to say, the possibilties to find use for it seem to be endless.
So far I have only automated blogging (Drafts and Blot.im are fantastic together, never before had felt blogging so simple) and as of today, entering data into OmniFocus.
And yes, my endless struggle to decide between OmniFocus and Things 3… Things 3 is surely the more beautiful app, but OmniFocus still is the one, that once my perspectives are set, in which I can look at my data in the way I want. Also great is, that I can open all my projects and perspectives from Spotlight results.
But that all will be part of another post. Now to all the things that I liked.
- Since I just talked already about Drafts and OmniFocus. Rosemary Orchard has a brilliant set of actions for Drafts and OmniFocus using the Taskpaper format. I haven’t dug too deep into it so far but getting stuff into OmniFocus feels great this way. I have an idea to set up some templates for grocery lists for certain dishes.
- Brett Terpstra has a great post with tips on how to use use Duck Duck Go. I can’t say that I have yet switched over, but I will have a thorough looks at this.
- I knew already, but it is nice to have the confirmation, that the Murderbot will return. Can’t wait for that, the series is just awesome.
- There was only one band during my early teens that was important to me, and that was Queen (surprisingly I still haven’t come around watching the movie) and Open Culture wrote about the Live Concert Film about a concert in Montreal. The clips look great, and I’m sure interested in getting that movie myself.
- Marc Myers wrote about his Top 10 Nat King Cole records. There is, no surprise, great music in there and I still have some catching up to. I have played this music more often, than actually listened to.
- Yeah, and then there is of course the trailer for Stranger Things Season 3. I might have to do a re-watch of the previous once before the launch.
- And last but not least: The Darth Vader Lego bust! I wouldn’t know where to put that, but it does look nice.